Modification to an existing approved education programme
An AEI may need to request a programme modification to an approved programme. How these are managed depends on the extent of change to the programme. Significant changes might include:
- Changes to learning outcomes designed to meet NMC outcomes and proficiencies/competencies
- Changes to assessment to meet new learning outcomes
- Other changes that impact on any NMC regulatory requirements
- Introduction of another field of practice
- Introduction of another academic route
- Introduction of an apprenticeship route
- Introduction of a new campus
Overview of the process for a major modification to an approved programme
Major Modification Process
This flowchart provides a flowchart of the process followed when an AEI has submitted an event request for a major modification to an approved NMC programme.
Please refer to section 4.1, paragraph 168 of the QA Handbook for additional information.
Please find guidance on writing a major modification approval report here.
Minor modifications are managed through the AEI's internal QA processes and are reported to the NMC via the annual self-assessment report.